Want to start rock climbing? This introductory experience includes training on safety, how to use holds, footwork, rappelling, and more.
Rock Climbing 201
Intermediate Climbing Lesson in Cotopaxi, CO
This lesson is for climbers with a little bit of experience who are ready to get to the next level. Maybe you’ve been in a gym and would like to learn about climbing outdoors. Well, this is the class for you. Learn safety commands, anchor systems, some basics of leading, setting up a safe top-rope, crack climbing techniques, knots, rope handling, the basics of climbing gear, belaying, rappelling, and following a lead. Elevate your climbing skills in beautiful Cotopaxi!
What to Bring
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and layering up. Colorado weather changes quickly.
- Light-weight waterproof outer layer
- Long pants to protect against mosquitoes and abrasions
- Tennis shoes or hiking shoes for the short scramble to the base of the climbs
- Small backpack to carry your extra layers and personal belongings
- Epi-pen or other medicines that you might need
- Remove your rings and store them safely in your room or vehicle.
- Climbing shoes
- Extra sunscreen, bug spray, and a first aid kit