Already have some experience with rock climbing? We give you pro tips and expand on important climbing safety and techniques to get you to the next level.
Rock Climbing 101
Learn the Basics of Rock Climbing in Cotopaxi, CO
Colorado is full of amazing opportunities for rock climbing adventures. Our introductory lesson for beginner climbers gets you prepared to enjoy this exciting activity. You learn basic climbing techniques and safety, including terminology, safety commands, how to use holds, footwork, rappelling, knots, belaying, and bouldering. Gain some practical experience with us and get ready to have a blast!
What to Bring
You should wear comfortable clothing and layer up. Colorado weather can change quickly.
- Light-weight waterproof outer layer
- Long pants to protect against mosquitoes and abrasions
- Tennis shoes or hiking shoes for the short scramble to the base of the climbs
- Small backpack to carry your extra layers and personal belongings
- Epi-pen or other medicines that you might need
- Remove your rings and store them safely in your room or vehicle.
- Climbing shoes
- Extra sunscreen, bug spray, and a first aid kit